The editors pick of the most useful Bali resource web sites, these
sites contain information of use to both residents of, and visitors
- Living in Indonesia, A Site for Expatriates
- Practical information for expatriates moving to Indonesia. Hundreds
of articles with helpful advice on a wide range of subjects ...
written by expats, for expats.
- IDEP Foundation
- Yayasan IDEP is Bali based NGO that is committed to developing
self-sustainability and directly empowering local communities
to improve their own situations. We believe that through local
empowerment permanent results can be achieved. Our programs include:
• Introducing innovative approaches to environmental education
into local schools
• Developing models for community based income generation
• Constructing demonstrations of sustainable agriculture
and appropriate technology
• Developing environmental awareness media campaigns
- Bali International Women’s Association (BIWA) is a secular,
non-profit and non-political organization for women of all nations
who reside in Bali. The association is formed to foster friendship
and understanding between women of different
nationalities, to encourage cultural interest and
contribute to social welfare. BIWA supports
local charities directly and the improvement of education for
needy children. Please come along to BIWA Coffee Morning / Afternoon
Tea held on the first or second Thursday each month and Luncheons
on the last Thursday of the month.
- Capacitar is an international network of people who share desires
to inspire and empower people to heal and transform themselves
by teaching simple effective energy practices, such as Tai
Chi, acupressure, massage, etc. which can be easily learned and
multiplied through a method of popular education.
- Kupu-Kupu Foundation
- A not for profit organization (NGO) whose main aim is to improve
the lives of physically and mentally handicapped
children, adolescents and adults in Bali. We are helping
people who have never been out of their house or who never have
seen a wheelchair or been to a school.
- YKIP (Yayasan Kemanusian Ibu Pertiwi)
- YKIP is a charity dedicated to improving the lives of all those
who live on Bali but with a focus on health and education. Amongst
other projects YKIP has established a medical library at Udayana
University and together with YKIDS runs a scholarship fund for
the semi-orphans from the Bali Bomb. We are also working on a
number of projects with local NGOs.
- Mekar Bhuana - Association for the Preservation of Classical
Balinese Gamelan & Dance
- Some forms of Balinese gamelan & dance are desperately endangered.
Mekar Bhuana is working together with Balinese to help preserve
these wonderful, yet rare art forms. By supporting Mekar Bhuana,
you will be helping to preserve Balinese culture.
- Yayasan Senyum Bali
- Yayasan Senyum - health care for people with cranio-facial disabilities
Facilitates operations for cleft lip and palate and other cranio-facial
deformities, due to birth defects, accidents, or tumours. We help
poor people from Bali, Lombok and further east, we raise funds
for operations whether in Bali or Adelaide at the Australian Cranio-Facial
Unit. We also work to build local skills, technology, and capacity
through training and development.
- Bali Artisans
- Improving the lives of the impoverished through Fair Trade.
Our mission is to alleviate poverty by creating opportunities
for the poor to establish a sustainable source of income. We sell
fairly traded handicrafts created by the impoverished men and
women of Bali. For more info, please go to
Bali Advertiser if you have a web site of value to the Bali
community giving an overview of your site's purpose and reasons
why it should be included on this page.